20th July 2019
18th July 2019
The race routes are designed to be challenging yet scenic. The half marathon has over 2,000ft of ascent and the 10k over 800ft!
Prizes for 1st - 3rd male & female, and vet categories.
The village of Barley is a great base for families with a playground, a sculpture trail and a selection of cafes/pubs.
Home cooked food, bag storage, toilets and changing facilities are provided locally.
All runners must register and collect their numbers before their race at Event HQ at Barley Village Hall.
Entry on Day available (if limits aren’t reached) at increased price level.
- Leave the M65 at Junction 13.
- Take the A682 towards Kendal.
- Follow the road for approximately 1 mile.
- Look for the White Bear Pub on the left and turn immediately left onto Pasture Lane.
- Follow the road up and down hill around various bends for approximately 1.5 miles to a ‘T’ junction.
- Turn left at the junction opposite a pub called the Bay Horse.
- Follow the road for about 0.75 miles to a small crossroads and turn right.
- Follow the road for approximately 1 mile until you reach the village of Barley.
- Please follow marshals instructions for parking at the event.
The following results are available for this event:
There are 15 reviews for this event.
Great day, great courseAny other notes?
Relaxed “race” atmosphereAny other notes?
Excellent event, really well organised, wasn’t their fault the hills were so big!Any other notes?
Thanks to all the marshalls and volunteers who gave up their time.
This half marathon is hard,Times are irrelevant because it is thirteen and a half miles..Just to finish is a massive achievment.Any other notes?
This half marathon makes excellent training for a full marathon.Very enjoyable.
Very challenging course with some big hills, but excellent organisation and support. If you’ve trained for hills this is a fantastic event!Any other notes?
Great local trail race!Any other notes?
Fantastic organisation, lovely friendly volunteers and a beautiful route. Great parking and food and gorgeous scenery on the route. Well done all!
Sunshine, hills and trails. PerfectAny other notes?
Beautiful countryside and very friendly staff!Any other notes?
Top race. Well organised and a great route.Any other notes?
Thank you. See you 2019.
Challenging but stunningAny other notes?
Really lovely, friendly & well organised event. Refreshments were amazing and not overpriced. Beautiful setting.
Excellent race tough but very enjoyableAny other notes?
Great Marshall’s and organisation.
Fantastic run - hilly and beautifulAny other notes?
Scenic, varied terrains, well organised, good valueAny other notes?
Tough challenging route, but great friendly local event. Love the refreshments in the village hall!Any other notes?
If you don't like hills, it's not for you!!
well marshalled and signed. Excellent goody bag!Any other notes?